It was begun in 1335, originally as a Peel tower - the Dacre Tower, and then extended into a border fortress. It was later restored in the 17th century when it became a residence, and in the 19th century after a fire.

Open April to October.

Photo "Buildings of Cumbria"
5 miles north of Brampton.

Scroll down for other photos


Photo - Buildings of Cumbria