It was built in the early 12th century, but was badly damaged in the 13th century. It was in use as a farm by the 17th century but deteriorated until only a few of the walls and the moat remained. It is now being restored by the Landmark Trust. The 1600 thatched cottage built inside the gatehouse is used as holiday accomodation.
Photo Maurice Brett
|Off the A39, 8 miles north west of Bridgewater.|
Scroll down for other photos