- Hawaii (state), is the only island state and the
southernmost state in the United States.
- Hawaii consists of the Hawaiian Islands and a few
other geographically unrelated islets located
near the center of the northern Pacific Ocean.
- The state is composed of eight main islands and
124 islets, reefs, and shoals.
- Honolulu, the capital and largest city of Hawaii,
lies about 3900 km (about 2400 mi) from the
western coast of the United States mainland.
- Hawaii has more private schools per capita than any other state
- Hawaii is the only coffee producing state