- The name Wyoming is a contraction of the Delaware
Indian word mecheweamiing at the
big plains, and was first used as a name for the
Wyoming Valley in northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Wyoming is known as the Cowboy State and the
- It was the first state to give women the right to
- Cheyenne is Wyoming's capital and largest city.
- The world largest single mineral hot spring is located in Wyoming's hot spring state park. Millions of gallons of water containing at least 27 different minerals flow though the sping every 24 hours, at a constant temprature of 135 degrees fahrenheit.