- Arizona was the last of the 48 adjoining
continental states to enter the Union.
- The name of the state is derived from a Native
American word (arizonac) believed to mean place
of the small spring
- Arizona is popularly known as the Grand Canyon
State, after its most remarkable physical
feature, the Grand Canyon of the Colorado River.
- It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona.
- The meteorite that hit (made) The Barringer crater in Arizona weighed more than 50,000 tons.
- The Amount of concrete used in the building of the Hoover Dam is equl to that of paving a four foot wide footpath around the equator