- At - 40 degrees Centigrade a person
loses about 14.4 calories per hour by breathing.
- Pet superstores now sell about 40 percent of all pet food
- One million Americans, about 3,000 each day, take up smoking each year. Most of them are children.
- In 1933, Mickey Mouse, an animated cartoon character, received 800,000 fan letters.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in
'-dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous
- If you attempted to count to stars in a galaxy at a rate of one every second it would take around 3,000 years to count them all.
- Less than 3% of Nestle's sales are for chocolate.
- The average person will spend two weeks over their lifetime waiting for the traffic light to change
- More than 2500 left handed people are killed every year from using right handed products
- It is estimated that at any one time, 0.7% of the world's population are drunk
- The tip of a 1/3 inch long hour-hand on a wristwatch travels at 0.00000275 mph
- All consumption of alcohol is strictly regulated here in Norway, and is only sold through state owned shops called
Vinmonopolet. Nevertheless between 25 and 40 % of all alcohol consumed is either smuggled or illegally made at home
- One thing that humans do more than anything in their entire life is sleep. Most Americans sleep more than 6-8 hours a day, which is on average around 24 years of ones life!
- A man's beard contains between 7000 and 15,000 hairs.
- A beard grows an average of 140mm a year
- A hair is 70 per cent easier to cut when soaked in warm water for two minutes
- Women's hair is about half the diameter of men's hair
- During an average lifetime, a man will spend 3,350 hours removing 8.4 meters of stubble
- 4.5 million people have their health 'adverely affected' by air pollutants each year.
- 4 million children dia each year from inhaling smoke from indoor cooking fires that burn wood and Dung
- 4 million people die annually from diarrhoea infections, caused by poor sanitary conditions
- Less than one per cent of the 500 chinese cities have clean air, respiratory disease is China's leading cause of death.
- The number of cars on the planet is increasing three times faster than the population growth
- It took 1,175 animators working in Disney studios in
Burbank, California, Orlando, Florida, and Paris, France to
complete the animated Tarzan. Because of the time differences,
production was able to occur around the clock for more than
- The most expensive commerical ever made is one of the most famous. The
famous '1984' Apple Macintosh commerical shown introducing Macintosh to
the world, only once, during the 1984 Super Bowl. It was directed by
Ridley Scott, and cost around $600,000 to $1 million to make. The
commerical shows hundreds of people dressed in the same clothing going
down dark hallways to a huge telescreen featuring Big Brother. A women in
colored clothing (representing the creativity in Macintosh), runs down the
hallway followed by the Thought Police. She hurls a sledge hammer at Big
Brother and the screen explodes, while the drones look on with dropped