- California has more national parks than any other
of the 50 states.
- It is the third largest state in the union.
- The states official nickname is "the golden
state" which refers to the gold rush, the
nickname also refers to the states golden fields
- The name California was first used to designate
the region by the Spanish expedition led by Juan
Rodr'edguez Cabrillo , as it sailed northward
along the coast from Mexico in 1542. The name
itself was probably derived from a popular
Spanish novel published in 1510 in which a
fictional island paradise named California was
- Until 1967, LSD was legal in California
- Mahatma Ghandi is buried in California
- California is the most populous US state with a population of roughly
- California consumes more bottled water than any other product.
- California has issued 6 drivers licenses to people named Jesus Christ