Facts on the Torso and
- The average surface of the human intestine is 200 squaremeters
- Lungs, paired organs in the chest that carry on respiration. In the adult human, each lung is 25 to 30 cm (10 to 12 in)
- A healthy adult can draw in about 3.3 to 4.9 liters (about 200 to 300 cu in) of air at a single breath, but at rest only about 5 percent of this volume is used.
- If you suffer from polythelia you
have three nipples.
- The surface of the human skin is 2 sqaremeters
- 15 million blood cells aredestoyed
in the human body every second.
- The pancreas produces Insulin.
- The most sensitive cluster of
nerves is at the base of then spine.
- Iron deficency cause's the most
common form of aneamia.
- Red blood cells are produced in
- The human body is comprised of 80%
- Normal human body temperature is 37
- The average human will shed 40 pounds of skin in a lifetime!
- Every year about 98% of the atoms
in your body are replaced
- Human Thigh bones are stronger than
- Every human spent about half an
hour as a single cell
- There are 45 miles of nerves in the
skin of a human being
- The average human heart will beat
3000 million times in it's lifetime and pump 48 million
gallons of blood
- Each square inch of human skin
consists of twenty feet of blood vessels
- Every year, about 98% of the atoms
in your body are replaced.
- During a 24-hour period, the
average human will breathe 23,040 times.
- Human blood travels 60,000 miles
per day on its journey through the arteries, arterioles
and capillaries and back through the venules and veins.
- The surface area of the lungs in an
adult human is 90 square yards.