- Baton Rouge is the capital of Louisiana.
- New Orleans is the largest city.
- This name was given by the French explorer
Ren'e-Robert Cavelier, sieur de La Salle , who
journeyed down the Mississippi River in 1682 and
claimed a vast area for France, naming it for the
French king, Louis XIV.
- A couple in Louisiana named their children after famous colleges: Stanford, Duke, T'Lane, Harvard, Princeton, Auburn and Cornell. The parents' names? Stanford, Sr. and Loyola.
- Rayne, Louisiana is the frog capital of the world.
- Louisiana's capital building is the tallest one of any US state.
- Louisiana is the only US state not to have counties. They are called