Namozine Church

"The church was headquarters for Rooney Lee and Rufus Barringer on the morning of 3 April, 1865, and later served as a hospital/headquarters for Phil Sheridan in the afternoon. The church faces north and the Confederate forces were across the road facing south. Tom and the Union troops came up Namozine Church Road that ran to the right of the church. That road intersected with Cousins Road directly north of the church." --- Carl Day

Photograph copyright (c) 1999 Carl Day

back to Tom Custer article