UPTON WAR MEMORIAL
Location: the junction of Heath Road and Wealstone Lane, at SJ409690
A square base having an inscription tablet on each face. The base rests on three square steps and supports a Celtic cross. At the front of the steps is a tablet with the Second World War names.
The Memorial was unveiled by Sir Philip Egerton and dedicated by Bishop Mercer on February 13th 1921. It was designed by Philip Lockwood and constructed (as was the Hoole memorial) by Clegg and Sons. After the Second World War it was rededicated on 13th May 1948.
West Face (facing the road)
Back to Index
February 10th 2000