PHOTOGRAPH: G. H. Edwards
This shot of the battery appears entirely by chance, and is an enlarged section taken from a picture of an ore-carrier photographed in 1958, from the 'little shore' on the other (south) side of the harbour. It shows clearly the gun-houses and the south searchlight emplacement (Defence Electric Light, or DEL). A closer look reveals some more military concrete between the guns and DEL, which may have been the ZAA magazine.
Prominent in the background is the huge truncated pyramidical outline of Siddick pit bank.