Welcome to Yet Another Palm Site.
Within these pages you'll find some stuff that may or may not be of any use to you. How-to style docs, Shell scripts, PHP code and MySQL databases dealing with such varied topics as banner advert blocking,
connecting a palm pilot to FreeBSD or Windows 2000 and automatically downloading the newest dilbert cartoon each day.
- Friday 20th September 2002: Apologies but I'm unable answer (m)any queries that are coming my way re
palm networking at the moment. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease a while back and am having a bit of a tough time with it. Sadly the palm pilot doesn't get much of a look in at the moment.
- Monday, 14 January 2002: Even longer time, no update. Many apologies to those who have emails awaiting an answer. One of these days I'll reply. I do have a new m505, but work commitments mean I haven't had a chance to play around with it...
- Sunday, September 09, 2001: Long time no update. Thanks for all the emails re irDA and USB connections. New information on irDA in the Windows 2000 section.
- Friday, July 06, 2001: Apologies for the lack of updates and the slow replies to emails, I still haven't bought a replacement palm as I decided to get a sporty 9 month old Peugeot 406 Coupé instead. doh!
- Sunday, May 13, 2001: Added some more USB information to the Windows 2000 page. m500's are apparently due out this week (16th/17th so I hear) which is great!
- Tuesday, May 1, 2001: Added some USB information to the Windows 2000 page
- Sunday, April 8, 2001: Development version of site is converted over to WPP from my custom build scripts.
- Thursday, March 1, 2001: Updated a few links. Apologies for leaving some stuff mid air, like looking at MochaPPP and the like, My good ole PalmV bit the bullet just after the last posting and I'm in two minds as to wait for an m500, get an m100, get an m105 (which according to The Register is due for imminent release.
- Friday, February 2, 2001: Oh dear, steaming didn't work, same with rinsing, I've done a full dunk and soak of the unit, but its still acting weird. I'm surprised it still turning on. I wish they'd hurry up with those m500's. I apologise for being slow in replying to email, while not breaking my palm pilot I've been working on various projects in an attempt to be come an internet millionare.
- Thursday, January 25, 2001: Due to my Palm V 'enjoying' a cup of coffee yesterday, I'm without it for a while :-( (For those that are interested, the buttons seem to be playing up. They keep thinking they're being pressed, resulting in rapid switching of applications . I've tried to steam the unit which almost fixed it, next I'll try a proper dunking, and if that fails, I reckon I might have a go at ripping the back plate off by heating the glue. If that fails, I'll probably just buy a Vx instead... )
- Sunday, December 10, 2000: At the request of a couple of visitors, I've knocked up the first draft of a Connecting a Palm Pilot to Windows NT 4.
- Monday 27th November: Yes, I know its been ages since this site was updated. I've just changed to a better job and have been busy with other things. A new topic I've added is connecting the Palm to a Siemens S25 IR phone with built-in modem. Something that may or may not get added is connecting to a PC with IRDA using the MA600 Infrared adaptor thing, if I can ever get it working(!). Blasted thing. Additionally, I've removed some lame pages that I never got around to fully developing. They were pants anyway. I've had a few people contacting me with issues regarding the Windows 2000 connection, most of which have now been resolved. Thanks to those involved with that.
- Saturday, March 25, 2000: Windows 2000 to Palm Pilot sorted and updated.
- Sunday, March 05, 2000: Minor speelunk Mistaks corrected, Attempts to connect to win2k.
Comments, suggestions, whatever, to Graeme.
I am a Light Cycle.|
I drive fast, I turn fast, I do everything fast. I even breakfast. I tend to confuse people with my sudden changes of heart. Sometimes I even confuse myself, which tends to cause problems. What Video Game Character Are You?