SERVICES FOR VICTIMS OF
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT
12490 Marshall Street
Mirrored in the UK by
IRELingus - new Irish poetry
Crown Point, Indiana 46307-4856
24 Hour Crisis Line (219) 662-7061 or 1-800-254-1286
Administrative (219) 662-7066
Fax (219) 662-7041
This site is closing on 19th May 2000 so please bookmark the IRELingus site above to continue visiting the St.Jude House page
St. Jude House is a safe emergency shelter and provider of services for victims of
domestic violence and their dependent children. We provide housing, counseling and compassionate assistance. Through
educational programs we work to teach others to recognize the cycle of domestic violence,
to empower them to break that cycle and to offer support and follow-up. In the spirit of
the Franciscan Sisters of Chicago, we at St. Jude House are committed to offering love and
hope in a healing and caring environment to each person that seeks shelter and/or services
regardless of creed, gender, race or national origin.
- 24-hour crisis line for support, information and referral (219) 662-7061 or 1(800)
254-1286. TTY assistance for the hearing impaired is also available by calling the above
- Safe emergency, temporary shelter for victims of domestic violence and/or sexual assault
and their dependent children -assistance in pursuing a violence-free life.
- Residential or non-residential one-on-one counseling and support groups for adult
victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or incest survivors.
- Residential or non-residential one-on-one counseling and support groups for children
living in violent homes, child survivors of incest, victims of dating violence/sexual
- 24-hour rape response team and sexual assault survivor support advocacy.
- Legal advocacy for assistance in filing battery complaints, protective orders, support
during court hearings, and attorney referrals.
- Community education on domestic violence; sexual assault; dating violence; good
touch/bad touch; non-violent discipline techniques; conflict resolutions--available to
community groups, service providers, schools, and churches.
- Volunteer program utilizing volunteers in all aspects of service delivery.
This site sponsored by LakeNET, the information
connection for Lake County, Indiana.
Last Updated: Tuesday, April 20, 1999
Contact information for TheTimesOnline.com.