Community > School


Art Group 
Cycling Group  
Drama Group 
Footpath Group 
Ladies Guild 
Lions Club 
Lost & Found 
Memorial Hall 
Mother's Union 
Neighb'd Plan 
Neighb'd Watch 
Oakley Wood 
Parish Council 
Residents Ass'n 
Scouts & Guides 
Village Directory 
Village Shop 
Womens Institute 

School website

Performance Tables 2007

Performance Tables 2006

Performance Tables 2005

Performance Tables 2004

Performance Tables 2003

Performance Tables 2002


Summer fete 2003 photos

Summer fete 2004 photos

Summer fete 2005 photos


Home  What's new  What's on  Community  Sherbourne  Wasperton  Church  Picture Gallery  Travel  Local Business  History  Parish Plan  Nature  People  ByPass  Recreation  Features  SmallAds  Genealogy  Guestbook  ContactUs  SiteSearch  SiteMap  Policies  Links 


August 2019

We now have a School Website giving parents constant updates on what is happening in School.

On Friday 5th July, Mrs Swan-McAdam organised a Netball competition which was held in King George’s Playing Field. It was a beautiful day and the children were all immensely excited. Barford and Coten End got through to the Final. At the end of the game it was one all. The teams played extra time and the result was still one all. Finally, it went to ‘Golden Ball; nobody could watch as it was so intense. After some brilliant play Coten End got the ball and scored. The final result was 2 – 1 to Coten End. It was a simply wonderful competition and we were very proud of our teams. Well done girls!

The children and staff had a wonderful time at PGL. It was a really exciting experience and the staff were very proud of the achievements of all pupils. We want to say a huge thank you to Mrs Stock for organising the trip and to Mrs Gallagher, Mrs Burton and Miss Allsopp for attending and making it such an enjoyable time for all.

On Wednesday 26th June, Year 1 ‘wowed’ parents, staff and pupils with a wonderful assembly retelling the story of Jack and The Beanstalk. The children spoke with confidence and had also rewritten the lyrics to a familiar song from ‘Frozen’ - Let it Grow!

Would you be interested in Forest School Holiday Club?

Mondays and Tuesdays of the Summer Holidays on the school field. Time 9am - 3pm (8 – 12years)

Please contact Mrs. Powell for more details on 07876 754597.
Or email

Once again we were very lucky with the weather for sports day. The children demonstrated superb sportsmanship. On the morning the children competed in the track events and the event ended with the parents/grandparents races, which is always a favourite. For the first time ever it was a draw between the Yellow and Blue teams. We would like to say a huge thank you to Mrs Gallagher for organising the event and to all of the staff, Governors, families and FABS for the wonderful support.

YEARS 3 AND 4 ADVENTURE DAY AND SLEEPOVER : Years 3 and 4 had a wonderful time on Friday 14th June. They started the day with a visit to Woodlands Adventure and were involved in a variety of activities including canoeing and archery. They returned to school and prepared for the giant sleepover. After an exhausting but exciting day they had tea, played some games and finished the evening with a DVD. The children’s behaviour was outstanding.

[Back to top]


Barford School dates back to 1677, when the Rector and former Headmaster of Warwick School, Thomas Dugard, made a bequest of £5 a year, £4 of which paid the salary of “such person as shall teach 14 poor children and the other £1 to teach 2 poor girls.” To this small endowment were added various bequests notably from generations of the Mills family.

The school was open to all children who were parishioners and about 30 boys and as many girls usually attended. They were instructed in reading, writing and arithmetic; the girls were taught to sew by the master’s wife.

In 1851 the present school was erected by the National Society - a Church of England body. This consisted of two large rooms, boys and girls being segregated. When infants were admitted, a portion of the Malt Barn opposite was brought into use. Parents had to pay a weekly amount for every child.

In 1948, with the implementation of the Education Act, financial responsibility was taken over by Warwickshire County Council. However, the Church maintained its links with the school, as shown by its name and by electing two Foundation (i.e. Church) Governors to serve on the Board of Governors.

The school was extended in 1960. Until the mid-1970's, the school was a thriving junior and infant school, but with the introduction of the first and middle school system, the number on the roll decreased, as education could only be provided for children from 4 to 8 years.

In 1993, under the Schools' Reorganisation in Warwickshire, it was proposed that Barford Church of England First School should be closed. This was met with fierce opposition from the community.

In June 1994, it was announced that the decision to close the school had been overturned, and from September 1995, Barford St Peter's C of E (Aided) Primary School became official. The school now serves the parishes of Barford, Sherbourne and Wasperton and provides education for children from 4 to 11 years once more.

In 2004 the school was further improved and extended, and national performance “league tables” declared it to be in the top twenty five primary schools in England.

[Back to top]

  Wise old owl


Barford St Peter's CofE Primary School
Church Street
CV35 8EW

Phone: 01926 624244

Click here for the latest OFSTED inspections at Barford St Peter's School .

Click here for Adobe pdfNational Society Inspection Report, 2006 in pdf format (198k).